Pet of the Month: Little Miss Jackie

rescue dog
Showing off my 'shake' skills
I'm a 3-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, but I don't have your typical Jack Russell Terrier.  Now I do know a lot of commands such as:

sit
stay
shake
no
crate
I'm so well crate trained that I'll even put myself to bed when I'm tired.  And that's actually where I divert from the typical Jack Russell Terrier personality.  I'm not rambunctious or overly energetic.  I don't run laps around the house or act crazy.  I'm just a sweet gal looking for a loving, cuddly lap to curl up in.

Actually, preferably lots of laps to curl up in, even more specifically, lots of little laps to curl up in!  I love, love, LOVE kids.  From the youngest little one that's about as big as me all the way up to teenagers, I love kids!  My foster mom jokes that my favorite toy is my teenage human foster brother!

Napping!
One thing it's important for me to let my new furever home know is that I do NOT love other dogs.  I don't even like them.  As my foster mom puts it, I'm unreliable around them  I must be the only dog in the house.  And I don't do dog parks.  I do like to go for walks though!

I love my daily afternoon walk with my foster family.  I am a pretty easy going lady - as long as I have kids around and no dogs.  I get up in the morning, eat and then nap.  Then I get my afternoon walk, do some tricks for yummy treats, then it's time for cuddles.  This is my favorite part of the day - shaking hands, giving kisses and cuddling!  After all that, it's time for bed in my crate.

Put the camera down and
give my treat for sitting, please!
Why a crate?  Well, I'm almost house trained.  I know to do my business outside and when you take me out I take care of it and am good to go.  But sometimes I get a little excited and forget to tell you it's time for a potty break.  My foster family and I are working really, really hard on this.  I really am a good girl!

If you're a one dog kinda family with kids for me to love and practice my tricks with, I'm your gal and can't wait to meet you!  I've got lots of love and cuddles to go around.




Little Miss Jackie is listed on Paws & Prayers Adoptable Dogs. This sweet girl is up to date on her shots and vaccinations. Little Miss Jackie's adoption fee is $200.00. To meet and/or adopt Little Miss Jackie please fill out a Paws & Prayers adoption application for her today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment