Update on Melanie!

When I wrote the first story about Melanie, I wanted it to have the feeling of a "dramedy". A little heavy handed drama mixed with a touch of humor and tenderness. I did this because it seemed like the perfect way to portray the story of Melanie and her journey from the life she knew (but couldn't really tell us) and the life I hoped she would have.

Melanie with her new family
Now it's time for me to write my closing story and it's not coming as easy to me as the first one did. Not because it's a sad story, but because I have to end my part in her journey. Melanie has been adopted.(see photo) She will be living with a wonderful family that has a male Beagle for her to play with and a home full of the love thatMelanie's life was missing for so long. More than capable of caring for her during her continuing rehabilitation, her new family will show her a happiness that all dogs should know.

It was very difficult for my Family to say goodbye to Melanie, but we knew we had to. The fostering of dogs can be a roller coaster of emotions and we love the ride.

I already have my next foster, Winney, at my home. A Beagle-Terrier mix, she's a new challenge and a real joy. As I write this, I'm looking at the wall in my living room where we have hung 8X10 photos of all the dogs we have fostered. Melanie marks the 14th dog we have fostered for Paws and Prayers since we started about a year ago. The reality is that many of these dogs would not remember us if they see us again. It makes the photos very important to us. Each picture brings a smile, a tear, a sigh, and sometimes a head shake. What more could I want?

Thank you Paws and Prayers. Thank you Melanie for touching our lives in such a special way. Thank you Mike and Laura for giving Melanie her new loving home.

Beagle Bob


Donate towards Melanie's care by chipping in below! Thank you for any and all help! :)

 

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment