December's Facebook Fan of the Month!

Everyone meet Joyce! We figured she was a prime candidate for the very first Fan of the Month as she is one lucky gal! Back in October she won our status contest which won her a ticket to our fundraiser in November. In November, at our fundraiser, she then won our 50/50 raffle! We're going to make it at least a 3 month winning streak as now in December she's our Fan of the Month! Joyce was mom to two wonderful dogs named Bernie and Roscoe and she just exudes "animal-lover!" We were happy to meet her at the fundraiser and are happy to have you all meet her now!


How many pets do you have and what are their names?

My last two forever dogs were Roscoe and Bernie. They both lived around 14 years.
Bernie (left) and Roscoe




What was your first connection to Paws and Prayers?

Years ago I saw a scared dog in the park across from my house. He was living there. I started putting out food and water for him but he was too scared for me to approach him. After calling several places I did find a groomer from petsmart who came to my house and helped me catch him. At the time I had my two dogs. I cared for him in a crate in my spare room. The girl from Petsmart helped me get him connected with Marty who got him into Paws and Prayers. I kept him a few days until they could move him into a foster home. Even though he was scared I could tell he was happy to be somewhere safe…and that he had food and water and TLC like he deserved. He was adopted through Paws and Prayers.

Then a couple years later I again collected a scared, exhausted dog from the park. I asked Paws and Prayers for help. With the helpful advice from the many members of Paws and Prayers I did find her owners. She lived several blocks from me and escaped from her yard over July 4th.

What is the best thing about rescue pets?

Knowing they were given a second chance to find a wonderful forever homes!

You find out that all television shows are to be cancelled except for the ONE show you can save! What show is it?

Sorry…I can’t think of one TV show worth saving. Just give me a good book!

Christmas is right around the corner; have you been good?

Yes

Finish the sentence: The one thing that ALWAYS puts a smile on my face is…

a happy photo of a dog, cat, or other animal.


Greatest thing this year has brought you?

A family gathering in Erie, Pa. Photos of my ancestors from 1900 and 1908. I am big into family tree research and preserving older family photos.


Congratulations on everything, again, Joyce! You are a wonderful woman and we are so happy to have you as a supporter! You are an important cog in our rescue machine! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you Joyce for being so suypportive to Paws and Prayers! Maybe we can get you started fostering for month 4 :-)

Jen

Jackie said...

I think it would be a lot longer than a month if Joyce started fostering! I only intended on fostering for a few months and 19 months later I'm still here!!! Joyce, it was such a pleasure to sit with you at the fundraiser! Thank you for your support!

Post a Comment